Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Blah, Blah, Blah


The only thing my crazy voices are saying tonight is, “blah, blah, blah”. Today has been all about redundancy. I went on Facebook and got the “seen it, read it” feeling, my life is going down a “been there, done that” path lately. I’ve been thinking about cycles all day- lunar, menstrual, seasons, growing, etc.. Cycles are the epitome of redundancy.

I have to admit, redundancy is a big pet peeve of mine. It bothers me to no end when I have to do the same thing twice; Clean it, then clean it again, pull weeds, and pull them again. I am a recovering adrenaline junky- I crave the spice of life. Yes, I long for peace, but can’t peace be spicy? I love fun, new, exciting, and invigorating! My peace is found after accomplishing a new task, doing something I’ve never done before. My peace is the “on the way down” from the excitement high.

Don’t get me wrong- I don’t like drama and I’m not a big fan of crisis (though I deal with them pretty well). I crave good excitement- climbing the mountain, experiencing everything.

I guess, just like the moon, we have our excitement- our fullness, but we also must have our times of rest- where we are hidden, dark, tucked away. Blah, blah, blah- not my favorite time. Apparently there is a syncing issue with Luna and myself- she’s out there bright and flashy and I’m just blah.

I have realized (again) tonight that I have a long way to go to achieve this rest, recuperation, relaxation thing I keep talking about. My mind calls it boredom and gets irritated. Hoe do you achieve peace during these periods? I see commercials of women lying in a bubble bath, looking blissfully peaceful. I’m a shower girl myself- in, out, and on to the next thing.

My problem is that I can’t stay grounded for very long. I have tried the meditation exercises creating the root from myself to the earth, but I have never been able to keep it there very long. Is it the Aquarian in me? And besides sleeping, I’m not sure I know what “rest” really means. I guess I don’t really give myself the opportunity to figure it out.

If there’s anybody out there- please let me know- How do YOU rest, recuperate, and relax? How do you stay grounded? And how do you deal with the “blah, blah blah’s”?


P.S. I always write these posts by hand before typing them in on the computer. As soon as I finished writing this, I was getting up to come to the computer when a frog jumped out of my couch! What the heck?! I picked up the little intruder and put it outside in the lawn. So much for the blah, blah, blah, huh?

Sleep well everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment